Monday, May 2, 2011

You're Fired!!!

     I have been a longtime viewer of Celebrity Apprentice, I love seeing the B list celebrities making fools of themselves. There was no way I could miss Cyndi Lauper last season as I know she is, as the young people say, "off the hook!" and it was nice to see when she got to give a cheque to her New York Gay charity. It has also been morbidly entertaining to witness the brain damaged Gary Busey get into arguments with Meatloaf! Not to mention the sheer bitchery of the women's team this year! Good Lord! Dion Warwick was such a Super-Bitch I don't think I can ever listen to "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?" the same, ever again.
     Yeah, celebrities are self-involved freaks, what I really can't abide by is Donald Trump himself these days. I'm in the camp that thinks all this Obama should prove he was born in America stuff is thinly veilied racism. Maybe Trump himself is not racist, he is after all a New York elite, but he is sure trying to pander to it, and mention his show every time he talks about it. It's disgusting. It was disgusting when he did his little press conference the day Obama released the so-called long form Birth Certificate and said he "was proud he could get Obama to do something he should have done a long time ago" and even more disgusting when he rambled on about Obama not doing anything about the price of oil because of "...spending too much time on the Basketball Court..." Yeah, I know, because "The Blacks" are always playing Basketball?!?!? Actually Obama plays a lot more Golf than Basketball so hopefully that will be "White" enough for everyone out there???
     I watched some of the White House Correspondents Dinner over the weekend, Seth Myers, head writer of Saturday Night Live was pretty good, he's no Stephen Colbert but it was pretty classic. This is the dinner for the press that is sort of a roast of the President and media figures that has been going on for decades. Anyway, when Seth was dropping some comedic bombs on "The Trump" you could see him in the audience totally stonefaced, there is nothing self effacing about Trump, he can't even take a joke about himself. You should be glad you're being talked about at all you stupid buffoon.
     So, I just can't stomach the guy anymore, thus Celebrity Apprentice is off my TV viewing list. I really don't want to see his ridiculous, pandering to the lowest common denominator, face, in my living room anymore. There is no way I can support this show as a conscious person.
     I am going to write to NBC and tell them I used to watch Celebrity Apprentice but no longer can, you have lost the support of this household due to Trump's baseless attacks against the President and a supposed run for President himself, which I find out of step with the values and message of NBC Network. I will also avoid products associated with Celebrity Apprentice, Snapple, Omaha Steaks, Meatloaf! How can I ever listen to "2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad" ever again after he said he would vote for Trump for President?!?!? I would be running away from any association with Donald Trump if I were a celebrity or product associated with this show.

You can write to NBC at:

NBC Entertainment
Jeremy Gaines
VP, Communications
Jeremy.Gaines@nbcuni.com

Mike McCarley
Senior VP, Strategic Marketing, Communications and Promotions
Mike.McCarley@nbcuni.com

No comments:

Post a Comment