Monday, May 4, 2020

A Pandemic Journal, I'm Over It Now Tell My Subconscious That!

     The great weather, outdoor work, and avoiding news had me feeling pretty good recently until I couldn't sleep last night. So many anxiety dreams all about the virus, I had one where there were a bunch of people in the side yard and they were all too close, milling around, get out of here! Geeze. I think I got about 5 hours at most, watched some Youtube, funny covid memes, good stuff!
Recently I have taken to wearing a mask in public, like many people, but I find it fogs up my glasses too much so I can't wear them, then I have to go around squinting all the time and with my permanent angry demeanor I must look real friendly! I just can't shake the anger, I hate people being too close and too stupid about everything, not caring or seeming to or being too happy! Now I think people are slowing down, just sauntering around the grocery store and driving like this is a town of 2,000 people or something, like we have all the time in the world.
We have almost 4,000 cases in the Calgary Health Zone compared to Edmonton at about 500 and Kenney wants to start opening up by mid May!? It seems crazy to me but North Americans have so much quarantine fatigue! Sheet you should have lived thru AIDS, it (the fear) only lasted 20 years or so!Yes, life is a drag sometimes isn't it? Americans are completely nuts of course and we see footage of crowded beaches, Parks employees being pushed into bodies of water out of rage, tough guys brandishing swastikas and Confederate flags in scuffles with authority, the last one had me yelling at the TV last night and coming to the conclusion that I hope they just all die then! I am so tired of the stupidity coming from the US and infecting our nice little country it's almost as bad as a virus itself! Maybe it will kill stupid people? We can only hope, probably not enough!!!
Canada has pledged $850 million in an international effort to find a vaccine in conjunction with Bill and Melinda Gates Fund, I think it's the most of any country and of course the US is contributing nothing! I think they should be last in line if one is found! Trump made such a big deal about NATO contributions and we should be cut off for not chipping in, well the battle is with a virus now so put your money where your mouth is orange one!
I'm also still fuming about a conversation I had with my millennial neighbours recently, he starting talking shit about Trudeau and saying "Trudeau is so stupid" stupid about what I don't know, the pipeline stuff? Who cares about that now? Kenney is spending One Billion $$$ of our money on the Keystone Pipeline in the middle of a pandemic! To an industry on shakey ground and a pipeline in question especially if Biden gets elected, sheesh! I came to the conclusion in my head later that I will start asking Conservative voters/supporters why no smart people support Conservative ideals!? Who are Conservative intellectuals, thinkers, cool people, influential people? You don't have any! Why would nice young people want to get involved with racists, religious, misogynist, homophobic, climate denying people? When it comes to Conservatives where da smart and cool people at? It seems to me the left wing liberal folks have all the interesting and cool people, influential and young! Trump has killed the right for now! I predict they will be back in a few years or if we're lucky die out from this virus! I hope so!
This was the weekend we were supposed to attend the New Wave music fest Cruel World in Los Angeles, while it was not 25 degrees here, it was close tho! I listened to some of the bands while hanging out in the awesome weather we were having here and thinking will we ever have things like concerts again? I'm in no hurry to get up close and personal with a bunch of people! It is sad but nothing like having my family die from this virus so I try to keep perspective.
It is quite chilly and rainy today so many inside activities, the tulips will be happy at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment