Monday, May 25, 2020

A Pandemic Journal, Mission Accomplished Good Job Everybody!

     Late May, warm weather and heavy rain have made the world insanely green recently! It has mostly been a warm spring and we are all grateful. Even the Victoria Day long weekend was summer-like which maybe proves my theory that if we cancelled all holidays and events the weather would be great all the time. It's hard to recall recent events, it's the usual stupid usually followed by more, these days it's all about reopening everything. The US is charging ahead with opening, ignoring all the numbers, and just doing whatever, there are some precautions but mostly it's just hoards and hoards of people on the beach or on patios because if you're outside it's safe right!?!? The experts are now saying everyone should wear a mask and the US is saying don't worry too much about surfaces, it's not so much about touching things it's more about breathing, like what I said about jogging/cycling earlier! Sheesh!!! I think it's like when we discovered that condoms prevented AIDS, it will slow down infection rates with altered behaviour, if we all wear a mask and still isolate and social distance we could slow it down yet you see hoards of Americans not wearing a mask because you know freedom!I think it deliciously ironic that we now know the virus can be spread especially thru singing, it happened with a choir and also with loud talking! At last a virus that could wipe out the loud talking American! It's not all bad! We also saw a hoard of badly behaved Millennials in Toronto not social distancing in a park, urinating behind peoples houses and generally acting like idiots while the police looked on, so it's not only stupid Americans it's also stupid Canadians, mostly of a certain age group 20's and 30's, sorry it's not a group of 50 somethings acting like this! The poor kids, they were never told no by their parents and have such empty lives they have to get out and do something!!! Also the mayor of Toronto was there, with a mask, but not wearing it on his face because "people couldn't hear him" huh, I see reporters with masks on on the news. What a guy, Ontario is always blessed with the best politicians! It's all reckless and foolish mark my words. We are slowly opening things in Calgary too, although we still have new cases all the time, I think it's stupid and too early but people just can't stand it anymore! Apparently hairstylists/barbers are what people missed the most, WTF, all we have to do to bring down society is take away hairstylists and toilet paper. People can go golfing, play tennis and go to the zoo in limited numbers with a prepurchased ticket, it keeps people out of the dog park so I like that! Both of my young neighbours were out all Sunday doing something, it's just so hard to stay home! Oh well, I don't like everyone home all the time either!
     I think it is quite telling that the top 3 countries with covid19 are the US, Brazil and Russia, kicking  the European countries out of the top spots. Could it be that these 3 countries are led by evil despots who don't care what happens to their citizens or understand one thing about science? Sure seems that way! In Alberta cases number over 6800, Calgary has over 4700 while Edmonton has just 523 but hey lets open the malls!!! Oh yeah that's another thing that is open now. I just don't think its wise to reopen with nearly 50 new cases in Calgary a day!
     I was out shopping this morning and found it quite nice, few people, the panic seems over, there was even one packet of yeast left to which I said "aren't people over this yet?" really, the bread making is so last week already, it's also too warm now for a bunch of baking! On my way out I noticed a bunch of old men lined up, it was for the barber, not lined up 6 feet apart mind you because I don't think most elderly people don't care or understand. And being in the NE most of these men were brown skinned of mystery origin I imagine them saying in an Indian accent "this hair is too long what am I one of the Beatles?" Geeze people really don't care of their own hair, I did not know this before!
     Our old neighbours came by for a visit, they are both elderly with heart disease so I wish them the best, they seem to be taking this a little more seriously than my mom for example but I also think they listen to their Dr's to a degree as well, my mom doesn't even see a Dr. on a regular basis. I am afraid of a second wave, experts say it will hit in the winter and combined with regular flu could be super deadly but it's summer now everyone head out and get drunk and talk loud at each other what could possibly happen???

No comments:

Post a Comment