Monday, March 23, 2020

A Pandemic Journal, Late March

Monday 23rd, had a good sleep, feeling good, slight chest congestion, much less coughing. Woke up to find someone has been in the yard again, entered the car, left the door ajar. This has been maybe the 4th time this has happened, I fill out the online Police report, it's becoming a familiar task. They never take anything but I keep reporting it, it's creepy and stupid and you may have exposed yourself to Covid, who knows? I am eager to get started on this but Gord won't leave my spot and go to his dining room office and I need to get yesterdays thoughts down before too much news fills my mind. The dog is acting like a 5 year old, let me out, let me in, treat? playtime? nudge, nudge.
In the News; The View is preempted for the Michigan Governor, they are just now enacting a shut down! Geeze! The Americans are so behind, no wonder they are surging in cases! Although the UK just shut down a day or so ago too! Facepalm!
CTV also preempts at this time for chit chat about the virus, I'm just sick of it! I understand the science.
The Canadian Government bows to pressure recently to evacuate rich idiots from Morocco, Peru and some other exotic countries. These people are just rich tourists who are now stranded because there are no longer commercial flights, and taxpayers must rescue them. Never mind we have natives in this country without clean drinking water or a homeless explosion in our major cities?
I watch the View later on our local station, they do not mention the Mitt Romney thing to my surprise but Sunny does say that the media should stop covering Trumps daily stupid conferences.
Noon News:
The Tokyo Olympics this summer are in limbo, Canadian athletes are not attending.
City of Calgary closes playgrounds.
Trudeau scolds Canadians "enough is enough" on too many people ignoring social distancing, there could be more serious measures taken, fines?
Trump is already bored of social isolation and hints on twitter, in all caps, that "the cure can't be worse than the problem...we will make a decision in 15 days" so stupid, so irresponsible, he should be 25th amendment-ed out of office! He doesn't care about peoples lives only his own!
Harvey Weinstein has the virus, now that is someone you can say oh really that's too bad, about!
Average gas price in Calgary 68.9 cents/L, holy shit!
I learned that Senator Rand Paul who is a M.D. swam in the Senate swimming pool after knowing he was positive for Corona!
There is talk that the US rate of infection may be partly due to high rates of vaping. If what I have is a mild corona sickness then yes I can see how any smoking would impair the lungs, this will make young folks quite vulnerable.
US cases have jumped 10,00 over the weekend t o 41,113 currently.
Walking the dog:
     Was a total nightmare today, some lady in a parka yelled at me for walking the dog thru the school field, it is sunny and feels like 15 C! She lives in one of the brand new infills  and says to me "that's not an offleash area" so I say "schools are closed" "I'll call the city"she says, "FU mind your own business" I mean really schools and playgrounds are closed and you moved in a month ago, get a life. The dog park is in full melt down, rivulets of water and pooling everywhere, hard to walk, don't wan't wet boots. Bella continues being a dickhead trying to meet everyone eventually running up the embankment to 8th Ave. to see some guy walking on the sidewalk up there and then drop her frisbee at the top which she aboslutely will not retrieve so I have to run all the way up, swearing, yelling, god damnit I am mad at her. I put the leash on her and storm up one of the big hills and head home on dry ground. There are just too many people and children around, it's just too annoying for me! Shouldn't people be setting up some kind of home schooling structure for their lil' shitheads? It is not a holiday!
I am also really tired of this quarantine already.


No comments:

Post a Comment