Monday, March 30, 2020

A Pandemic Journal, Goddamned Millennials and My Last Gay Nerve!

     TGIF! Like this matters anymore! LOL I am getting tired of the world encroaching on my lonely life! The news and press conferences are just becoming a drag to watch, I'm so sick of it. Locally there are still many shootings, the rifff raff seems restless during the pandemic, stupidity! News I find funny is that Boris Johnson of the UK as well as the UK Health Secretary have tested positive for the virus, I shouldn't laugh but the Brits have been acting so foolish and then this dim wit is releasing statements in that snooty put on accent! Sheesh! The Brits have started a thing where they stand outside or out a window to clap for health care workers everyday at 7pm, it is catching on a little in Canada too, the old lady across the street and the people with kids were doing it the other day too. One thing I can't get out of my mind is a split screen of Prince Charles clapping on a door stoop and Camilla seated at an open window clapping, the image is just nuts and makes me laugh for days after! Mostly I am having a few drinks and listening to music ignoring the insanity, Saturday was really nice and sunny and warm, I decide to plant some seedlings in a starter tray which of course induces a week long or more cloudy spell, having sun on the windowsill really speeds up germination, it's a washing your car principle, it will rain now, or in our case snow for a fucking week! Yes, the in like a lamb March saying is really coming true again, or is it that we just have shitty weather at all times? The forecast is for well below freezing and plenty of snow! Oh great, at least it will keep people out of the park I hope? Saturday was quite cold, it was supposed to be 11C but turned out 0 and cloudy, it's the weather I hate most! Not many people in the park except a group of people, about 8, having an obedience class for dogs, as I pass I say to one, "I don't think this is social distancing" she gives me a stunned grimace, stupid idiots! People seem to think that being outside with 6 feet around them will prevent covid, I don't really think so, sorry. Sunday is much warmer but still cloudy, I hate constant cloud it puts me on edge, it would feel like summer but for the cloud! The park is way too crowded today, many joggers, walkers, families, more than would be out on a normal nice day. Bella of course runs up to a family and lays down the frisbee, I say to not touch it then they (family of 4) just stand there and I have approach them closely to go pick up the toy, I wanted to say back the fuck up idiots, 6 feet!!! Jesus people are dumb, it's like they have never seen a dog in a park or something and don't know how to react! It makes me mad the rest of my walk home! I tell Gord how mad I am all the stupid people and he gives me some patronizing remarks which just makes me madder. I have to spray off the dog in the bathtub which just gets tiresome at this time of year and makes me mad. By the time I go outside to listen to music and have a drink the dog is at the neighbours, "why is she wet?" She just had a bath Einstein! I don't really want to talk to them but I do and angrily tell them of the too many people in the park story and there are too many joggers, since they are avid jogging idiots themselves they start patronizing me and laughing at me, this makes me even more mad! I say "no wonder Calgary has such a high level of infection" which we do, they doubt my remarks and laugh more, I am really angry now, and still am! They are having some friends over to sit in the yard as if some distance is OK, I think it's stupid, and annoying! One of the couples has a new baby, I think this is foolish and self centered but who am I to criticize this self involved generation who had everything given to them and never heard the word no? Please all get the virus because your lives are so vapid you can't go a few days without yacking about your stupid lives! I listen to DEVO loudly in the backyard, partly to drown out the screeching baby and partly to be an asshole, I hope this is annoying!? I try burning some dry dead plant material but it just doesn't catch, too cold and moist yet I guess! I am still fuming about being laughed at, yes I am such a stupid old man, would you like to call me fat as well? My main issue is that there are too many people in DOG PARKS! Go jog on the sidewalks, stop gathering in parks, I have a dog I am supposed to be here! Gord calms me down somewhat but I really don't want him around either, there are just too many people in the world everywhere, surrounding me, making me mad!!!! I plan to have a BBQ as it will be winter for maybe the rest of April at this point so I take a trip to Co-Op, it's pretty crowded with lots of e;derly people who are probably not taking this virus seriously, how people go out with naked hands is beyond me and I'm sorry, if you are an elderly person, why are you even out? The risk to elderly is immense but oh well, I am so mad at this point I hope that half the world gets it and dies! Lets get rid of some Conservative voters! A few more beers makes me calm down and we have steak and baked potato and watch Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, I normally despise Tarrantino (yes, let the hate mail ensue) but I don't hate this movie for some reason, I like the time period and acting (surprisingly!) but I can't stay awake for the entire thing, this is nothing new for me, I will finish it later! Part of the fun of getting old kids!

In the News; Trump is backing down from his Easter plan of going back to normal, how did this happen? No one knows! The Sunday shows are rife with the regular stupidity, ass kissing the Trump administration idiots who appear regularly! God dammit I hate you Chuck Todd, such a milquetoast!

Cases in Calgary as of March 30 are 408, the rest of Alberta including Edmonton add up to only 253! Calgary is slightly larger but not by that much, hmmm just what is going wrong here??? I would say it's a bunch of self involved assholes who are taking social isolation only half seriously, some of them elderly and not understanding or respecting government guidelines and the other half Millennial twits who must fill their empty lives with socializing and jogging in dog parks! As Jimmy Kimmel recently said we used to have a society glued to their devices now all they want to do is go outside, what the hell!?
I am wondering what some of the consequences will be, we came up with a maybe more domestic abuse theory on the weekend and indeed someone did mention this on one of the political talk shows on the weekend. I still see families walking around all the time and just wonder how long this will last? When will the novelty wear off? I still think part of the problem is that people are still treating this as a vacation! I just find it hard to believe that couples want to spend this much time together and add kids to the mix? I might find myself in a Jack Torrance, ala Shining, situation in a short time if I had kids! I noticed my other neighbours were having a date night with wine on Saturday and I wonder how long this peaceful bliss will last with normal heterosexual people?. after all one day the ice will melt and straight men will no longer have 4 hours of ice chipping to occupy their lives! My dad used to vacuum the car all Sunday afternoon, take a page from those classic dudes Millennials!!! Anyway, I wonder if there will be more divorce-breakups because they might realize they hate each other without all the normal distractions of work, friends, going out, etc.? I think most people are just empty idiots who fill their lives with junk to kill time, myself ? I'm an artist honey, I have plenty to occupy my mind thank you. Did I ever tell you about the time I lived in Mexico? For the first 3 months I spent most of my time alone, Gord was working, and I didn't know any Espanol or want to hang out with American tourists so I spent time writing, reading, painting, observing, and sorry to sound like an asshole but I can occupy my time most of you cannot!!! As my old friend Lori once said "you are never bored, are you?" Nope, I most certainly am not!
Will people realize the things around them, the job they have, the things they do and people they hang out with have less or little meaning? God I can only hope so, maybe if we put LSD in the water?. I may be expecting too much from people!
Monday, it's too hard to watch TV, I am still angry from yesterday, I watch the View and for once it is not preempted by a god damned press conference! I just find everything annoying and have to listen to the music channel while typing. Everything is on my last gay nerve these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment